May 19, 2010

running...

I want to start running.
I want to buy cute runner's clothes and actually wear them in public.
I want to get high off endorphins.
But... I can't seem to get my A$$ off the couch... or out of bed - depending on which time of day I have told myself I will now run.
I have tried the couch to 5K program numerous times and I think the furthest I have made it was Week 4.
I have now developed my own plan where I will run .25 miles a couple times a week.  That's it.
This is an extremely reasonable distance...
I will do it until it's easy... then move to .50, etc.
It's a great plan.
IF I FOLLOW IT. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wish we lived closer so we could go running in our cute clothes together. It's so much easier when you have a buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently tried C25k and began struggling around week 4 too. Eventually I gave up and then had surgery, so I would have had to stop for a while anyway. I think I might adopt your new strategy too, sounds better than the couch to 5k to me.

    ReplyDelete