May 14, 2010

BYOC Virgin no longer

It’s another Friday episode of BYOC where we answer just 5 questions (some funny, some serious) in order to learn more about our fellow bloggers whether they are old or new followers. Copy and paste to your blog if you want to play along!




1. If you could be a cartoon character – who would you be and why?  Jessica Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.  She embodies everything I would like to be for just one day. :)

2. Who was your teenage heart throb? I wouldn't say "teenage" so much, but I had a poster of Micheal Jackson (from the Thriller years) in my room when I was younger and would kiss it every night before I went to bed.  Once I was actually 13 I had moved on to real boys that I thought I stood a chance with...

3. Do you believe being overweight is about a mental obstacle or do you believe it’s simply about overeating/food?  Gosh, that is a really hard question to answer.  I think it could be both for me because diet pills have always worked really well for me and really fast (I just can't do them anymore- I worry about my heart a lot)  Diet pills trick my brain into not feeling hungry and then in turn I eat less and lose weight.  They also give me energy, which probably also makes me mope around less and in turn makes me happier and in turn makes me eat less and be more active.  For me, both the mental and the overeating are serious issues.

4. What’s your all-time favorite song?
I love Sweet Home Alabama.  Mostly because my son and I used to ride around in my VW Beetle and sing it together when he was a baby.  I smile every time I hear it.

5. Whose blog or comment spoke to you/stuck with you this week and why? This is our “you get to be famous for a moment” without having to follow all the rules of an official blog award question.
I think it had to be Joey at Volume Control when she wrote about questioning having kids.  I have a lot of emotion about this issue because I never wanted kids, got pregnant by accident and found that I loved being a mom... More than anything in the world.  I wanted a big family.  Then I found out my husband and I can't have any more children.  This has changed my life and had a tremendous amount to do with my depression and weight gain in the last four years.  Infertility changed my marriage and my personality as well as changing how I feel towards God/whatever is out there....  This is a post I will need to make another time.  I had told myself I wouldn't talk about it on this blog because this is for my weight loss... but Joey's post and my reaction to it has kinda made me see that my weight loss is going to have to involve coming to terms with this...

1 comment:

  1. Oh hun - I hope you feel safe enough to talk about anything and everything here. Welcome to BYOC - you did great.

    ReplyDelete