February 3, 2010

New beginnings of new beginnings...

Have many things in the oven right now. finally have looked into adoption! The first meeting we can attend isn't until March, but it ironically falls on a Wednesday during spring break, so I don't have to miss class! That must mean something right?
I also had my first appointment with the dietitian at the bariatric center yesterday! I had no idea that when I went in there I would be weighed in and it would be the weight they used to qualify me for surgery! Luckily I wore heavy clothes and threw a sweater on at the last minute cause I barely squeaked into qualifying! Now I just have to hope that they accept my doctors appts weight s from 5 years ago. The lady at the insurance co helper seems to think it is worth a try, so it looks like I am in full speed mode to get the band too.
The dietician said I should start eating like I am on the band. I think since I have a couple months, I am going to try and grasp one thing at a time. Right now, that means getting rid of carbonated beverages! This is going to be harder than me than any food as I am addicted to pop like drug addict! I use caffeine as a crutch all the time!!! I will need to plan ahead, but I also going to tell myself to not worry so much about the money I spend on coffee drinks for a little while... I wish it wasn't the case, but I honestly need caffeine right now to get by.... :( Working full time, going to school full time, being a mom, etc... its just too much sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment